Friday, January 20, 2017

Cranberry Sauce

Hey Guys and welcome back to Ica’s Delights! My family doesn’t just have turkey and other Thanksgiving day foods only on Thanksgiving, we usually eat more meals like this throughout the year. This year we celebrated the holidays at my cabin with my grandparents and my grandma loves cranberry sauce with her meal. This is something new that my family normally doesn’t eat so we decided to give it a try.

Cranberry Sauce Ingredients:
  • A Bag of Cranberries 
  • 1/2 cup of Orange Juice
  • 1/2 tsp of Orange Zest
  • 3/4 cup of Sugar
  • 1/8 tsp of Nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup of Water

How to make Cranberry Sauce:

First we are going to pour our cranberries onto a baking sheet that way we can get a good look at all of them. Next we are going to pick through and pick the ones that are squishy or the ones that have already popped. When doing this I was very surprised with how many I had actually removed because they had already popped. 


Next we are going to pour our cranberries into a medium sized sauce pan. To our cranberries we are going to add our water, orange juice, orange zest, sugar, and nutmeg then we are going to give it all a stir. Now we are going to turn on our heat to medium high and allow it boil, once it starts to boil you will start to hear the cranberries pop which is a cool sound. Once you hear them popping you’re going to put a lid on it and reduce to heat to medium low and let them cook for another 15 minutes. Once the time is up you’re ready to serve your amazing dish that is good year round with turkey.



I hope that you get your family together for amazing meals and have some real conversations without the phones at the table. I hope you enjoy this dish with your dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment